Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Our Second Meeting

I'm a little late in posting to the blog. Life got in the way...some happy things and some rather frightening things.

Anyway, we had our second meeting at my house on September 3rd. Lenore joined Carol, Rose, and me. I served Chicken and Salsa Soup, a recipe from the BBD A Fine Collection book. Everyone seemed to like it. I actually made this recipe as a trial run last week before serving it to the group. I have found that I like adding a cup or so of diced celery and using low sodium chicken broth. It's quick and easy, and pretty healthy.

Lenore brought her BBD stash for us to look through. Carol has found two duplicates in her stash...Autumn Bouquet and House on Acorn Hill. We'll try to think up a way to award/trade these in the future. Hey, long distance members...any suggestions?

Carol worked on Moonlit Garden, which is turning out to be a pretty autumn piece. Rose continued working on our SAL piece - Summer Jubilee; it is coming along great. She'll be finished before you know it. Lenore started work on LF No. 12, Sweetheart Sampler. I began putting my pincushion from the Sarah Tobias book together, which has been shown previously on this blog.

Lenore borrowed Blackbird's Winter Delivery from Rose.

It was a fun evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment