Friday, October 2, 2009

Our Third Get-Together


We had our third BBD get-together October 1 at Carol's house.  Julie joined us for the first time.  She had just returned from the St. Charles Market and had LOTS of goodies for us to drool over.  By the way, be sure to check out the Blackbird Designs blog if you haven't lately to see how their booth was set up with all their fun things.  Cool!

Both Carol and Julie have the newly released BBD Joyeux Noel booklet...which caused Rose and I to become green with envy.  Lots of simply pretty projects here.  Carol has also purchased two new Halloween patterns from BBD.  Although I never stitch anything "Halloween", I really like the pattern with the house and the huge moon behind an arched black cat.  As Lenore pointed out, it must be the moon that drew me in!

I think we did more chatting and laughing than stitching...but that's OK.  Carol worked on her Moonlit Garden and is closing in on a finish.  Lenore worked on her Sweetheart Sampler (LF12).  Rose went back to the Quaker Garden (LF19), which is looking very elegant.  Julie worked on one of the small stockings from the BBD Tis Hallowe'en booklet (see above).  I worked on the alphabet portion of my Flowers for Sarah Needle Case.

I think October brings on a whole new level of enthusiasm for different stitching projects...and many other things.  Catch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment