Friday, April 30, 2010

BlackBird Night - Spring

Last night was BlackBird night at Rose's.  It was the first time in the past four months that we didn't have a snow storm on BBD night!  Felt good.  I brought photos taken from Alma's blog showing the boxes they made at a recent class, and everybody wants to try their hand in creating one.  Carol had boxes to share. 
I brought a bunch of BBD fabrics from my quilt stash.  We're going to think on it and see what happens!  Rose and Carol have made similar boxes before, so we'll have some expert advice available.

Carol started June Berries, a design from a 2002 BBD book, last night.  Lenore continued work on her Valentine sampler that I have shown on here before.  She only has four more letters to do.  I'll post another picture once it is completed.  Toni worked on Winter Wonderland; she only has a couple of windows stitched, so I'll wait a little before posting a photo.  Rose worked on the Quaker Loose Feathers project that she started last year.  She's closing in on a finish on that.  I worked on the February block from Anniversaries of the Heart.

I have two colorful photos to share from last night...neither one has anything to do with stitching.  One is the white bean and spinach soup that Rose made...it was so colorful and healthy looking that I took a picture of it!  The second is of a sweet little spring bouquet she picked from her beautiful yard.  Happy Spring!

Well, it's not letting me post the photos right now, so I'll try to upload those separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment