Thursday, March 25, 2010

Snow Garden

Tonight is our BlackBird night.  Seems like forever since we've gotten together for BlackBird...last month was called off because of snow.

Speaking of snow, I think I will start Snow Garden, the first design in the new Anniversaries of the Heart series.  I picked up the fabric that I ordered yesterday (40 count bisque from Lakeside Linen) and chose some colors that I hope will make my stitched piece look like the photo of their design.  This will be an experiment, because there are a lot of light colors and a light fabric.  We'll see how things work out.  Thanks to Rose and Carol for helping me choose threads.

Although I just started another huge project last weekend...Lauren Sauer's Anniversary Roses...I want to get started on this monthly BBD series.  Wouldn't it be wonderful to actually stitch the pieces as they are published?!  We'll see how that goes.  It never worked too well for me with quilting blocks of the month.


I'll post pix of what everyone else works on by this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment